P.E. Felx & Fils Inc.
The company first began its operations in St-Clet in 1952 as a general store attached to the home of the owner’s paternal grandparents. Mr. Paul-Émile Felx and Ms. Madeleine Pilon’s business became well-established and offered at the time linoleum, tiles and floor sanders. In 1955, the small general store moved to the home of the maternal grandparents in St-Clet.
In 1972, Daniel, Gilles and Louise - 3 of the couple’s 4 children - decided to get involved in the company to ensure its viability. That’s when the general store was put aside in favour of a well-established store which would specialize in interior design. It was then that the company changed its name from Paul-Émile Felx to P. E. Felx & Fils inc.
In 1977, a second branch opened in Dorion. In order to meet the growing needs of its clients, this branch would undergo three changes of location. In 2007, it finally moved to its current location in Vaudreuil-Dorion, with larger premises totalling 20,000 sq. ft. As the St-Clet store ceased its operations, the staff transferred to the new branch.
As part of the Déco Surfaces network for over 30 years now, this company is known as a forward-thinking local business.